Incandescent Gas Mantles

"PETROMAX" lanterns were designed and developed by Adolf & Max Graetz, who were appointed managing directors of their family business (Ehrich & Graetz) in 1889.

From their efforts arose the most powerful & reliable lanterns in the world. Petromax lanterns run on a variety of fuels.... kerosene, alcohol-based fuels, mineral spirits, citronella oil, gasoline, diesel oil, & almost every flammable fuel available on the market.

The first lanterns developed, named Petromax, were used by the German army before and during World War Two. The military significance of a lantern that would burn all liquid fuels from diesel oil to gasoline made the lantern very useful. Also developed were heaters and stoves. These three items gave the German army the benefit of heat, light and a way to prepare food with the use of any liquid fuel available. The German army and many other military services including NATO forces still use the same product line of the original company. All of the lanterns, stoves and heaters used today, by the general public world wide, are known to be reliable and easy to repair. With the use of kerosene as the fuel of choice, this lantern has a problem free life of decades if a little tender loving care is bestowed upon it.

Gas Mantles are used in Petromax Lanterns for lighting and heating purpose. The light intensity of Gas Mantles is either defined in LUX or CANDLE POWER, shortly abbreviated, as C.P. Gas Mantles are available from 100 C.P. to 1000 C.P. However the most popularly used are 300-400 C.P. and 400-500 C.P. We are in this line of manufacturing gas mantles since 1960 and we are the registered trademark owners of the popular brands like Kanhaiya Gas Mantles and Rahi Gas Mantles to our credit widely being used in India and abroad. We do and we can tailor make Gas Mantle in any Candle Power.
View More  
 
 
   
 
 
   
SnowWhite
   
2,Zaveri Bldg,17/D, Memonwada Road,Mumbai.400003.
Maharashtra.
Tel: +(91)-(22)-23403030
Fax: +(91)-(22)-9820070100
View More  
   
     
 
Home | About Us | History |Contact Us